Sunday, November 23, 2014

Eight Weeks of Peace...



We have had another busy week.  Missionary transfers normally occur every six weeks, but the one that ends next week has been eight weeks.  At the beginning, I referred to it as "Eight Weeks of Peace".  Every time some new thing has come up, I get reminded (usually by the Assistants) of how naive that was.

We continued our visits around the mission and met with the missionaries in:

KOJOKROM 





After the meeting, we had time to hit a "Chop Bar".  (I don't know why it is called that -- its not a bar and there is not much chopping going on.)







Sister Zaccheaus didn't think I cleaned my goat meat bones well enough, so she helped me.


As I was leaving the building that night, a bug flew down my collar and under my t-shirt. So, I learned the origination of the native dances. Luckily, it was only a beetle, but I didn't know that until I fished it out.

ASSIN FOSO

I interviewed 24 missionaries and then met with the Stake President.  It was a nice, long day.


Elder Ord is getting information for a report for the stake president.  I'm not sure where his chair is.





Elder Jensen and Elder Havea entertaining.



PRASO



The Praso District Presidency



The Elders were singing when we arrived


On Thursday, we held an orientation meeting for the 16 new trainers who will be the first companions for our 16 new missionaries who are coming next Tuesday.






On Saturday and Sunday, we participated in an All Africa Stake Conference.  We watched recorded messages specifically for the members in Africa from President Uchtdorf, Elder Bednar and others. On Saturday, the meetings were under local direction and I was asked by the Cape Coast Stake to speak in the Priesthood Leadership Meeting and in the evening session as well. Sister Stevenson was also a speaker in the evening session.  It was fun and there was a very nice turnout of the members of the stake.



After conference, we invited the Ola sisters (their area is called Ola) to have lunch with us at the mission home.  I wanted to talk to one of them about a new assignment and we thought it would be nice to get to know them better.  Sister Stevenson made them work for their lunch.





DATE NIGHT:

We didn't get home from Praso until late on Friday, and Saturday we were busy with Stake Conference, so we crashed (by invitation) the transfer planning meeting where the Assistants and the Zone Leaders from the Cape Coast area get together to plan out transportation for all the missionaries who are moving.  They usually have pizza, but on Saturday they had ice cream.  They were a cheap date.





CREATURE OF THE WEEK;

We didn't see any creatures except the beetle in my underwear and I didn't get a picture of that.  Plus, I'm too tired to look for Sister Doggett's e-mail with stand-by creatures.  I'll do better next week.


















No comments:

Post a Comment