Sunday, November 9, 2014

Peace, Peace, Be Still....




When I was a 12 year old Deacon, it was my responsibility to play the piano in Priesthood Meeting each Sunday until my brother Dan (who was a much better pianist) was ordained.  During my time, I chose only hymns in the key of C so I wouldn't have to bother with pesky sharps and flats. One of the hymns in my wheelhouse was "Master The Tempest Is Raging."  It is not a very popular hymn, but we sang it today in the Abura 1st Ward and I was really moved.  "No waters can swallow the ship where lies The Master of ocean and earth and skies.  They all shall sweetly obey thy will: Peace be still; ... Peace, Peace, be still."   We've seen some miracles this week, both in physical healing and spiritual healing, that during the faith stage had aged me a bit.  I'm always grateful when the Lord takes over.

We continued our interviews with the missionaries.






This is the view from the Bakano Chapel.  I got pictures of the pigs and the lagoon, but forgot to take pictures of the missionaries.
















We also had our monthly Mission Leadership Council Meeting this week.







On Friday, we drove to Swedru.  The missionaries had invited us to attend a baptismal service for 10 people on Saturday morning.  We went out with Elder Ekpo and Elder Kalu in the afternoon to meet one of the people being baptized.  Her husband is already a member of the Church and they have a cute little one-year-old daughter.



We stayed Friday night with Elder and Sister Ivie.  We had a nice dinner and enjoyed home-made chocolate chunk cookies.  I was pretty happy.

The baptism on Saturday was wonderful.  Five of the people being baptized were members of the same family.  The dad had joined the Church a few weeks ago and he was now being joined by the rest of the family.  They were very happy.












Sunday, we were back home in Cape Coast and attended the Abura Ward where much of the Sacrament Meeting was used to Confirm five new members of the Church.  It was a nice week.

DATE NIGHT:

Dinner at the Elmina Beach Resort -- 



  


CREATURE OF THE WEEK:



This is the coolest moth ever.  See the images of caterpillars on the edge of the wings.  I'm trying to figure out the thinking that went into that design.

No comments:

Post a Comment